- Six-night, seven-day guided excursion in the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park.
- Start and end in Moab, Utah.
- Includes all food and transportation from Moab to trailheads and back.
- Professional guides lead the charge across a surreal landscape.
- Hikes bring you up close to the Colorado River, deep canyons and Angel Arch.
- Must bring your own backpacking gear (pack list will be provided).
Why We Love This
- Discover Canyonlands National Park by foot on an epic six-night, seven-day guided trek.
- Not for the faint of heart: this is a 50-mile route through rich sandstone canyons and craggily landscapes.
- Traverse canyons and high ridges, packed with surreal views of this mysterious landscape.
- Camp in the evenings with breathtaking vistas as your backdrop. We promise sweet sleep.
- Visit poderosa pines, the All-American Man, Angel Arch and the Colorado River.
- Sweet victory: at the end take a 50-mile jet-boat ride back to Moab, Utah.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Prepare for a whole new vista on America. If you haven't witnessed the graceful sunset-hued sandstone arches of Canyonlands National Park, then rejoice in knowing that a breathtaking region is just waiting for you in Moab. Sign on for a six-night, seven-day guided backpacking journey through canyons, ridges and rivers with Deep Desert Expeditions. The excursion begins in Moab, Utah, tucked amid serene, awe-inspiring scenery. Meet your guides, check your gear, lace the boots and be on your way toward the expedition of a lifetime.
Enter the Needles District of the park and begin trekking a ponderosa-pine covered ridge before delving into the maroon red canyons. Drink spring-fed water to stay hydrated as you discover the majesty of the Southwest - eerily looming rock formations, dense flora and unprecedented wildlife dot this unlikely landscape. Each evening, bed down outdoors, with the entire Milky Way as your nightlight. Venture down a steep ladder in a tight crack, taking in Chesler Park before heading down to the Colorado River, where swimming, carousing and lowering your temp are encouraged. The journey culminates with a scenic 50-mile long jet boat ride back to Moab, the perfect cap to an incredible adventure. Canyonlands is a legendary locale that any adventurer should take the time to see... and now here's your chance.
Google Maps not available.
Subject to availability & blackout dates, hotel cancellation policy applies. Guests are responsible for applicable hotel taxes at time of checkout. Based on availability. Not valid on existing reservations and cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Includes transportation to the trailhead from Moab and jet boat return to Moab and permits. Gear list will be provided to all participants. Available: April 21, 2013, May 14, 2013, September 28, 2013 and October 14, 2013.
Brief Itinerary: Day 1: Drive to trail head with stop at petroglyph panel(s) on the way, hike to designated camp with nearby spring, there is time in the afternoon for exploration.
Day 2: Work slowly down canyon while visiting various archeological sites; wildlife sightings are always possible, camp near spring.
Day 3: Canyon walls get closer as the canyon gets deeper while passing more archeological sites and visiting Angel Arch.
Day 4: Move further down canyon before leaving to the journey's first uphill: a ladder up to an ancient granary and over high ridgelines to camp.
Day 5: More high ridges alternating with deep canyons, pick up water cache, visit Druid Arch with camp in the midst of Chesler Park.
Day 6: A scenic-but-steep descent down to the Colorado River, camp on a sandy beach.
Day 7: Jet boat pick up, returns mid-afternoon to Moab.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience