- Seven nights and eight days on a bold adventure through New Zealand.
- Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles to Auckland on Air Pacific (with connection in Fiji).
- 8 days car rental (pick up and drop off in Auckland).
- All hotels and applicable taxes included.
- Half day tour of "Middle Earth" filming locations in Wellington.
- Hobbiton movie set and farm tour.
- A choice of adventure in Rotorua: Agrojet, Schweeb or Swoop.
- Meals not included.
Why We Love This
- Delve into the picturesque New Zealand you've witnessed in the movies on a 7-night journey that includes airfare.
- Experience the land where Tolkien's vision was brought to life with the filming of his famous fantasy tales.
- Attention LOTR fans: a half day tour unveils several Middle Earth filming locations. Welcome to the Shire.
- Soak in Aukland's cosmopolitan vibrancy, visit Rotorua's other-worldly geysers, and enjoy the art of Wellington.
- Learn local culture of the Maori, and try unparalleled speed on the incredible Agrojet, while driving across the country.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Follow the footsteps of explorers great, both mighty and small, as you traverse the wonders of New Zealand on a seven night, eight day, adventure including airfare. This magically diverse region (aka Middle Earth) is known for the dazzling modern city of Aukland, Taupo - the volcano whose top was blown off in one of the largest and most devastating eruptions ever seen on the planet, and smaller towns harboring forest-laden beauty. You'll experience all this and more on this unique escape.
Starting the moment you arrive, you'll receive a rental car in Aukland, heading straight to the elegant Copthorne Hotel. Once settled, take in the city and all her delights: sophisticated shopping, restaurants and a harbour full of islands and spectacular beauty. Then it's off to the Kingsgate Rotorua hotel in Rotorua, a town where geysers and thermal springs reign. In the town of Wellingon you'll stay at Copthorne Hotel Oriental Bay and take an LOTR-themed tour allowing you to see the most memorable scenes from the epic film. Your last stop is the Millennium Hotel & Resort in impressionable Taupo, where stunning Lake Taupo remains a beautiful reminder of the volcanic activity of days past. Return home to regale your friends and family with tales of your adventures. Who knows, maybe you'll even write a book about it.
Google Maps not available.
Subject to availability & blackout dates, hotel cancellation policy applies. Guests are responsible for applicable hotel taxes at time of checkout. Based on availability. Not valid on existing reservations and cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Upgrades available (add 2 nights stopover in Fiji, upgrade to a non-stop flight on Air New Zealand - once purchased speak to Pacific Islands directly). Additional taxes and gratuity may apply. Travel period: Apr 1 to Jun 15, 2013. Book by January 31, 2013.
Itinerary: Day 1 - Auckland Day 2, 3 - Rotorua Day 4, 5 - Wellington Day 6 - Taupo Day 7 - Auckland.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience