- An eleven day Langtang Journey of Nepal's Himalayas.
- An itinerary of seven days of trekking, two nights in Kathmandu, and one night in Syabru Besi.
- Transportation to and from the airport in Nepal.
- An accessible first trek in Nepal, perfect for first-timers.
- 2013 Departures: Mar. 22 - Apr. 1, Apr. 5 - Apr. 15, Apr. 12 - Apr.22.
Why We Love This
- Backpack in Nepal on a breathtaking seven day trek, with three additional nights in Kathmandu and Syabru Besi.
- Traverse dynamic landscapes, through rhododendron forests, past waterfalls, and into the alpine region.
- Professional guides focus on both cultural and geographic discovery.
- An expedition designed for those making their first Himalayan trip. New adventurers welcome.
- The spectacular sights include teahouses nestled in terraced villages, visits to the 'Monkey Temple' and daily sunrise views.
- View the complete itinerary here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
When gripped by the dizziness of wanderlust, the prescription lies in ditching the norm and exploring the unfamiliar. With this experience from OneSeed Expeditions, pack up the rucksack and hit Nepalese trails. You'll spend a total of eleven days backpacking through snowcapped Himalayas: seven days trekking, with additional cultural stays of two nights in Kathmandu and one night in Syabru Besi.
Once you touch down at the airport, the adventure begins. Spend the first days adjusting to the region's altitude and checking out Kathmandu Valley and Swayambhu, the valley’s most sacred Buddhist shrine and best viewing spot to see the capital; the timeless city of Bhaktapur; or the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu's streets below. With the seeing of sites behind you, set out into the geological and cultural diversity with the beginning of your trek. Delight in watching the changing landscapes from sub-tropical rhododendron forests and waterfalls, arid desert to the alpine region. You'll also be walking past the sacred ground of Buddhists and Hindus, under waving prayer flags, and never hiking more than six hours in a day.
Starting in Syabru Besi you'll ascend to the Changtang keeping an eye out for langur monkeys, water falls, cactus forests and towering oak trees. After a brief descent at the end of the day, arrive at the village, popularly known as Lama Hotel. The trail wanders through Langtang Village before making a gentle ascent past the pocket of Tamang settlements and yak pastures. Rest at the summit in Kyanjin Gumpa before descending through Rimche and when the end of the trip reaches it's final day, join your fellow trekkers with a farewell banquet in Kathmandu.
Google Maps not available.
One experience can be purchased per person, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires March 25, 2013. Reservations required 60 days in advance, subject to availability. Ages 18 & up. View the complete itinerary here. All itineraries are subject to change based on local conditions and the judgment of the guide. Must be in good physical health with an established exercise routine prior to embarking on an expedition and be able to walk 4-6 hours per day. No prior technical climbing experience required. Click here for a more complete, detailed list on what to bring, weather conditions and cancellation and refund policy.Visa available upon arrival: Have $30 and 8 passport photos ready.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience