- An Annapurna Discovery Tour of Nepal's Himalayas.
- Includes 9 days of trekking, 3 nights in Kathmandu, and 2 nights in Pokhara.
- Accommodations include a beautifully restored Newari guesthouse & family-owned teahouse lodging.
- Explore Nepal while you invest in people: A portion of the trip benefits a good cause.
- Transportation provided to and from the airport in Nepal.
Why We Love This
- Backpack to the Annapurna Sanctuary on one of National Geographic Travel's top ten treks.
- Spend nine days trekking, with three extra nights in Kathmandu & two nights in Pokhara.
- Traverse dynamic landscapes: sub-tropical rhododendron forests, waterfalls to the alpine region.
- Annapurna is the 10th highest peak in the world, making for an unforgettable trail hike.
- Guides lead you through every step of this unique trek past varying landscapes and culture.
- View wildlife and charming teahouses nestled in terraced villages & the sunrise view from Poon Hill.
- Stay in a beautifully restored Newari guesthouse in the heart of this ancient and endearing Patan.
- Continue on to Kathmandu and Pokhara to rest in cozy family-owned teahouse lodging, a cross between the traditional bed and breakfast and a backcountry cabin.
- View the complete itinerary here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
When gripped by the dizziness of wanderlust, the prescription lies in ditching the norm and exploring the unfamiliar. With this experience from OneSeed Expeditions, pack up the rucksack and hit Nepalese trails on one of the top ten best treks in the world, as voted by National Geographic Travel. You'll spend a total of fourteen days backpacking through snowcapped Himalayas: nine days trekking, with additional cultural stays of three nights in Kathmandu and two nights in Pokhara.
Once you touch down at the airport, the adventure begins. Spend the first days adjusting to the region's altitude and checking out Kathmandu Valley and Swayambhu, the valley’s most sacred Buddhist shrine and best viewing spot to see the capital; the timeless city of Bhaktapur; or the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu's streets below. With the seeing of sites behind you, set out into the geological and cultural diversity with the beginning of your trek. Delight in watching the changing landscapes from sub-tropical rhododendron forests and waterfalls, arid desert to the alpine region. You'll also be walking past the sacred ground of Buddhists and Hindus, under waving prayer flags, and never hiking more than six hours in a day.
On your approach to Annapurna, you'll rest in beautiful Ghorepani, a village situated on a hill top. Forty five minutes away is Poon Hill, the best vantage point to view a breathtaking Himalayan dawn. Then, continue on with stops for tea in charming small towns, past picturesque waterfalls and pristine forests until you close in on the alpine region. Rest once again in the famous Ghandruk, a village known for terraced fields that open up to views of surrounding mountains. Of all of them, Annapurna Masiff's inspiring peak is sure to leave an indelible mark with you long after your departure. And when the end of the trip reaches it's final day, join your fellow trekkers with a farewell banquet in Kathmandu.
Google Maps not available.
One experience can be purchased per person, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires May 18, 2013. Reservations required 60 days in advance, subject to availability. Ages 18 & up. See the itinerary here. All itineraries are subject to change based on local conditions and the judgment of the guide. Must be in good physical health with an established exercise routine prior to embarking on an expedition and be able to walk 4-6 hours per day. No prior technical climbing experience required. Click here for a more complete, detailed list on what to bring, weather conditions and cancellation and refund policy.Visa available upon arrival: Have $30 and 2 passport photos ready.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience