- Personalized training from whitewater legend Tao Berman on a private section of the Truckee River Whitewater Park.
- The day begins at 8:00am and ends around 8:00pm.
- Riverside lunch included.
- Happy hour and dinner with Tao on the Truckee River waterfront at Campo restaurant.
- All necessary gear is available through zozi's equipment partner.
- Minimum skill level: participants must have a solid eskimo roll and be proficient in Class 2 water. Each day mixed ability levels will paddle together.
Why We Love This
- Small group full-day paddling session provides an intimate environment where Tao can work alongside you, offer guidance and enhance your paddling skills.
- Tackle freestyle maneuvers with Tao by your side - get the personalized low-down on how to improve.
- Private section of the river offers a safe and challenging playground for kayakers.
- For a mid-day break, refuel with a riverside lunch in Wingfield Park.
- Finish the day at Campo restaurant for a distinctive meal of organic and local fare on
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your Guru day starts bright and early with caffeine and a talk by legendary kayaker Tao Berman, before heading off to the private section of the Truckee River, perfectly designed for developing your ability with a paddle and getting your whitewater on. During this morning session, Tao provides hands-on instruction to improve your technique with his nearly-patented charismatic demeanor and wealth of experience. As lunchtime rolls around, you'll be brimming with Tao's invaluable tips increasing your ability to handle all types of water-borne challenges.
Break for lunch on the lush greens of Wingfield Park, relaxing, refueling and chatting with Tao about his life as a kayak-extremist. Energy replenished and exhilaration on stand-by, hit the rapids for an afternoon of turning, maneuvering and freestyle kayaking. Tao's lessons advance as your skills improve, and under his tutelage you'll experience whitewater at its best by trying your first blunt, loop, or better yet, both.
As evening looms, pack up and head out for a delicious dinner at the renowned restaurant, Campo, touting seasonal ingredients and fresh spirits. zozi's group enjoys private seating on the elegant terrace above the Truckee River bank, where you can trade stories of the day with fellow adventurers and discuss the art of kayaking with Tao. Your day comes to a close, you realize that while you may never huck yourself off a giant waterfall, you've earned your own whitewater bragging rights after today's adventure.
Google Maps not available.
IMPORTANT: Participants must have a solid roll and be proficient in Class 2 water in order to participate.
Kayaking gear available upon request.
Maximum number of customers is ten.
Vegetarian meals can be accommodated upon request.
Offer is final sale and nonrefundable.
Must be 21+ to participate in all zozi Guru experiences.
Experience must be redeemed for date purchased.
Experiences are transferable only with notification to zozi prior to experience date. zozi cannot guarantee that all meal requests, gear selection, etc. will be available at time of transfer.
Experience will take place rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe.
In the event a Guru experience is cancelled (ex: Guru injured or extreme weather), zozi will issue a refund for 100% of the cost of the experience. We will do our best to reschedule the customers on a future experience date (same exact experience), if there are open spots.
In the event an experience is cancelled due to weather or other issue, zozi will not be responsible for refunding for any travel arrangements customer made to attend the experience.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience