- Spend a day cycling with Chris Lieto, 3 time Ironman Champion and Cycling legend.
- 30 or 50 mile ride with Chris leading a small group (15 max) and providing coaching, insights, and stories throughout the day.
- Select the day that best suits your skill level. Saturday’s ride will be 50 miles at faster clip, Sunday’s is a bit more mellow at 30 miles and more relaxed pace. See special terms for detailed descriptions of each day.
- Pre-ride discussion where Chris talks about training, technique, bike setup, and answers questions on anything from nutrition to gear to race-day battles and the mental side of cycling and triathlon.
- Full ride support with mechanics, nutrition and hydration.
- Gourmet lunch on the patio at Barndiva.
- 8am to 2pm total, sure to provide some lifelong memories.
Why We Love This
- Elevate your cycling skills with the expertise and attention of Ironman Triathlete Chris Lieto at your side.
- While biking through beautiful vineyards and backcountry roads, work on all aspects of cycling performance in an intimate group setting.
- Curious about training, nutrition, or technique? Chris will address your individual questions, while providing personalized feedback - whether you are looking to increase fitness or improve competitive performance.
- Learn the strategies and training habits of a pro-cyclist, and put them to use that day.
- Professional SAG support trails the peloton throughout the day. Got a flat? They are on the case.
- At the finish line, tuck into a gourmet lunch at Barndiva, where Chris will hang with group and discuss the world of cycling and Ironman.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
On the winding, backroads of Sonoma wine country, experience the ultimate in cycling with three-time Ironman Champion and premier cyclist, Chris Lieto. As a world-class athlete with a deep knowledge of his craft, training directly with Chris offers a unique session focused on personalized guidance in all things cycling, along with a chance to pedal the beautiful roads surrounding Healdsburg. It is a custom designed experience for those looking to enhance performance, fine tune their technique and improve their training regime.
Each day begins with an intimate discussion with Chris and the small group of cyclists. He’ll discuss the focus and training required to become an Ironman Champion, and share his invaluable expertise on form and technique. Riders will take away essential lessons on cycling performance before hitting the open road to put his advice to work.
As the peloton cruises the serpentine wine country roads, Chris will mentor each rider in real time. His friendly, outgoing demeanor, along with his passion for performing at peak potential, makes him a one of a kind instructor who happens to be cycling by your side. As the group bikes along roads framed by vineyards, a support van follows along, ready to fix any flats, offer technical support and address any nutritional needs. Brief stops along the way allow Chris to offer more technical advice and discuss any questions individual riders may have.
Finish the ride by cycling into downtown Healdsburg for a lunch of local, organic fare paired with regional wines at Barndiva. Served outside on a private patio, the team can relax and unwind at this quintessential wine country restaurant while hanging out with Chris. Discuss the day’s adventure, the lessons learned and bask in the early afternoon sunshine while dining on seasonal California cuisine.
Google Maps not available.
Saturday, July 28: Passionate Cyclists - Designed for more active cyclists who ride 3+ times per week, and think and talk about cycling even more than that! Select this day if you want to improve your performance and competitive results with coaching from a world class cycling legend. Expect to ride 45-50 miles over rolling terrain with easy grades at a pace of 18-24 mph.
Sunday, July 29: Recreational Cyclists - Designed for cyclists who enjoy road biking 1-2 times per week and are interested in improving their fitness level and form to make riding more enjoyable. Ride will be approximately 30 miles over mostly flat terrain at a very comfortable pace of 12-18mph. No pacelines.
Customers should bring their own gear including road bike, helmet and bike shoes. Road bike rentals are available at Spoke Folk in downtown Healdsburg.
Helmets are mandatory.
Maximum number of customers is 15.
Vegetarian meals can be accommodated upon request.
Offer is final sale and nonrefundable.
Must be 21+ to participate in all zozi Guru experiences.
Experience must be redeemed for date purchased.
Experience is transferable only with notification to zozi prior to experience date. zozi cannot guarantee that all meal requests, gear selection, etc. will be available at time of transfer.
Experience will take place rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe.
In the event a Guru experience is cancelled (ex: Guru injured or extreme weather), zozi will issue a refund for 100% of the cost of the experience. We will do our best to reschedule the customers on a future experience date (same exact experience), if there are open spots.
In the event an experience is cancelled due to weather or other issue, zozi will not be responsible for refunding for any travel arrangements customer made to attend the experience.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience