- A 2-4 hour Wild Edible Plants Class for two.
- Discover where tasty plant life is hiding in New York and Connecticut Parks on this walking tour.
- Taught by "Wildman" Steve Brill, America's go-to guy for foraging, a world-famous environmental educator, naturalist, and author.
Why We Love This
- Find your own truly organic food with a wild edible plants class in New York's Parks.
- Study foraging and discover nature's bountiful plants during peak season.
- Spicy mustard greens, violet leaves, Asiatic dayflower, root veggies & chickweed abound.
- Make a flavorful salad or find a caffeine free substitute from the Kentucky coffee tree.
- Available throughout the year. Click the 2012 calendar to view dates offered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Looking to spruce up your salad with tasty new greens, or discover healthful benefits of plants found in the wild? Come forage with "The Man Who Ate Manhattan," a self-taught naturalist and environmental educator who's been dining in parks throughout Greater NY for 30 years. Take a two- to four hour nature walk and pick up some new recipes based on what you find in Nature's abundant pantry: edible and medicinal plants, shoots, greens, roots, wild mushrooms, and more. One the menu: For mushrooms, you may find dryad's saddle or oyster mushrooms. And for greens: violet leaves, Asiatic dayflower, field garlic, and chickweed, to name a few. It's peak season for wild greens, so get out for while the dining is good.
Google Maps not available.
One experience for two people, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires one year from the date of purchase. Reservations required 24 hours in advance, subject to availability.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience