- A two hour sushi making and sake tasting class.
- Appetizers and drinks to enjoy during the class.
- Learn from chef and owner Kaz Matsune of Breakthrough Sushi.
- Sushi-making kit to take home.
- Iron Chef-style team competition at the end of class.
- Downtown San Francisco location.
Why We Love This
- Try your hand (and your palate) at a delicious sushi-rolling and sake tasting experience.
- Then spend some time making cucumber sunomono salad, sashimi, and California roll.
- Friendly instructors promise a fun and delectable evening.
- Instructor Kaz Matsune has been a sushi chef for over a decade and has led over 150 classes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Time to step behind the counter and explore the culinary art of creating sushi rolls and nigiri. But it's not all fish business - kick off the class with an organic-sake mojito and an assortment of delicious appetizers, including tuna with wasabi cream pressed sushi and smoked salmon with cream cheese on cucumber. Your instructor (and professional sushi chef) will lead you through an hour long demonstration on basic sushi-rolling techniques; you'll learn how to make sushi rice, how to handle a sushi knife, and slice vegetables and fish. Then, break off into smaller groups, where cucumber sunomono salad, California rolls, and sashimi are on the menu, and you are the chef. That's right, let the good times, and the sushi, roll!
Google Maps not available.
One experience redeemed per customer, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires six months from the date of purchase. Reservations required three weeks in advance, subject to availability. Must be 21 years or older to attend. Minimum class size is 15, maximum is 35.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience