- A guided backcountry snowboard/ski trip in Lassen National Park for up to four people.
- Full day of guided backcountry skiing/snowboarding with professional guides.
- Guides trained in Wilderness First Aid, backcountry ski/snowboard guiding & avalanche education.
- An avalanche skills clinic provided. Avalanche gear & splitboards available for rental.
- Find terrain suitable for all levels and types of riders.
- Available by reservation from Outdoor Adventure Club.
Why We Love This
- Up for a unique powder adventure off the beaten path? Carve fresh tracks in Lassen's backcountry on a guided trip for up to four with Outdoor Adventure Club.
- Just you, up to three friends, one guide and endless powder. The only tracks on the mountain will be yours.
- Get backcountry smart - learn about safety and avalanches to conscientiously conquer ungroomed terrain.
- Tackle the slopes on a backcountry getaway that's just 4 hours from San Francisco.
- Meet in Mineral, just outside of Lassen National Park.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We believe the great outdoors should live up to its name - great that is, not cramped. This winter, avoid the lines, and crowds, and make fresh tracks in the backcountry of Lassen National Park. Join the Outdoor Adventure Club in Mineral for a day of snowbound adventure, just 4 hours from downtown San Francisco. Your OAC guide will help you organize your gear, get familiar with backcountry safety techniques including the use of avalanche beacons and companion rescue, and instruct you on how to make it to to the top of the first slope by splitboarding uphill. (Defying gravity has never been so sporty.) Once at the top, put your splitboard back together and cruise back down. Now that you've got the hang of it, get deeper into the backcountry and carve as many powder perfect bowls as possible on a full day's ride. As you go, your experienced OAC guide (and new best bud) will ride alongside you and up to three of your friends, helping to navigate the intermediate and advanced ungroomed terrain. It's the perfect ski resort - just without the resort. Time to head OB and enjoy a new way to ride.
Google Maps not available.
One experience redeemed for four, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires at the end of the snow season. Reservations required one week in advance, subject to availability. Must be 12 or older.
Recommended gear list:
Dress appropriately for backcountry travel
Skis or snowboard
Clothing appropriate for a day outdoors
Backpack to hold avalanche gear, lunch, water, snacks, warm jacket.
Lassen National Park Entrance Fee - $10 per car
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience