- A six hour hands-on class on navigation and orienteering.
- Learn to find your way using a map and compass.
- Spectacular hike with plenty of wildlife sightings.
- Games and plenty of practice make the lessons concrete.
- Classes limited to 12 people for plenty of personal attention.
Why We Love This
- Ditch your GPS and get location savvy with a six hour hands-on class in navigation and orienteering.
- No signal? No problem. You'll learn how use a map and compass to find your way in the backcountry.
- Learn the difference between true north and its shifty little friend, magnetic north.
- Practice what you learn with games that will put your orienteering skills to the test.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
When your GPS fails you while you're looking for a new restaurant, that's annoying. But that annoyance becomes downright dangerous while in the backcountry. With this six hour course from Treks and Tracks, you'll learn a low-tech solution that'll have you finding your way in even the most remote locations. Experienced instructors will teach you skills including orienting a map without a compass, route finding, triangulating, and even the difference between true and magnetic north. The course is highly interactive, with games and hands-on practice that will help to cement what you learn. Sure, you'll probably take your GPS along on your next hike, but when it gets stuck searching for a signal, you'll still be in the driver's seat.
Google Maps not available.
First time clients only. One experience may be redeemed per person. One more may be purchased as a gift. Reservations required one week in advance. Subject to availability and weather restrictions. Must be 10 years of age or older. Voucher expires six months from date of purchase.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience