- 5 hour culinary tour focused entirely on cheese.
- A behind-the-scenes look at West Marin's creameries.
- Personalized tastings of over 30 local cheeses.
- A locavore picnic in a picturesque setting.
Why We Love This
- Celebrate your culinary crush on all things creamy with a cheese lovers tour in West Marin.
- Peek inside the workings of specialty cheese production as you tour local creameries.
- Break for great food in the great outdoors with a locavore picnic at the lovely Marin French pond.
- This tour is as local as it gets, even if it's not exactly lo-cal.
West Marin Food & Farm Tours
Meet at Tomales Bay Foods, 80 4th Street in Point Reyes Station
So sorry, this item is no longer available.
5 hour culinary tour
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Do you dream of bounteous brie? Are you blue without blue cheese? Could you just cry at the taste of a great creme fraiche? If cheese is your culinary kryptonite, head to West Marin for a cheese lovers tour with Food and Farm Tours. From behind-the-scenes glimpses of local creameries where you'll see every step in the cheesemaking process to personalized tastings of over 30 different artisan cheeses, this is a foodie fantasyland. Between stops for fromage, enjoy a locavore picnic at the Marin French pond where you'll savor fresh local ingredients (and not just ones that come from happy cows). End your days of sneaking nibbles of the soft stuff as a midnight snack and proclaim your devotion for cheese loud and proud - on this tour, fanatic foodies are definitely welcome.
Google Maps not available.
First time clients only. One experience may be redeemed per person. Limit one voucher per customer, multiple may be given as gifts. Reservations required 48 hours in advance. No merchant refunds are available; rescheduling may be possible with 48 hours notice. Subject to availability. Must be 13 years of age or older. All participants must sign a waiver. Voucher expires six months from date of purchase.
Complete itinerary: 10:15 am – Meet at Tomales Bay Foods, enjoy fresh pastries from the Bovine Bakery 10:30am-10:40am – Introductions, orientation, and a brief history of cheese in West Marin 10:40am-11:10am – Cheese tasting at the Cowgirl Creamery 11:30am-12:00pm – Tour and cheese tasting at Nicasio Valley Cheese Company 12:30pm-1:00pm – Tour and cheese tasting at Marin French Cheese Company 1:00pm-1:30pm – Locavore picnic at the Marin French pond 2:00pm-2:45pm – Dairy farm tour and cheese tasting at Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company 3:30pm – Return to Point Reyes Station.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience