- One purchase equals one whitewater rafting trip on the American River.
- Orientation and safety equipment provided (including personal flotation device, paddle and helmet).
- Wetsuits required on early season trips and are available to rent for $10.
- Trips begin at 8am or 12pm on weekdays or 8am on Sundays.
- The American River is about three hours north of San Francisco in Lotus, CA.
Why We Love This
- Seek thrills and chills on the American River with a half-day whitewater rafting trip.
- Heat up from the adrenaline, then cool down on a shady river bank for lunch.
- Instant respect: Conquer famous rapids like 'Satan's Cesspool' and 'Meatgrinder.'
- Transportation from the end of the river back to the start included.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
For those of us who secretly look forward to in-air turbulence and even occasionally decide that the "speed" in "speed bump" means we should accelerate, whitewater rafting is the perfect activity to inject excitement into our lives. With churning rapids and cool water splashing everyone on board, riding the South Fork of the American River with O.A.R.S is the literal definition of "Thrills and Chills." Surprisingly close to San Francisco, this day trip through the rolling Sierra Foothills offers families, first-timers and large groups splashy, fun rapids through a beautiful corridor of rolling, wooded hills and rocky gorges. The Class III rapids are interspersed with languid sections of water where guests can drift, relax and enjoy the view... only to shortly face down more whitewater fun around the next bend. This is a great chance to grab a paddle, a friend and some sunblock. If only these things came with seatbelts...
Google Maps not available.
One experience per customer, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Reservations required, subject to availability. Valid only on the Gorge and Chili Bar sections of the South Fork of the American River (Weekdays & Sunday morning trips only, good from April through October 1, 2012). Not redeemable for Saturdays or Sunday afternoons. Email confirmation may be required as proof of payment at the time of booking. Payment of $8/person river access fee required at time of booking. All participants are required to sign a standard liability release before the trip. Not redeemable for cash and only for the above mentioned service/product. Nontransferable. Does not include gratuity. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Reservations must be placed online at OARS.com.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience