- Seven day guided Inca Trail exploration.
- Three nights at three star hotels.
- Three nights camping in tents on the Inca Trail.
- Three breakfasts, three lunches, three afternoon snacks, and three dinners (all on the trail).
- Four-person tent for two people, with foam roll-out mattresses.
- Professional, bilingual guide leads the charge.
- Porters carry all cooking and camping equipment.
- Vegetarian food available upon request.
- Transportation: bus to kilometer 82 and train back, bus trip from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes, transfer from the airport to your hotel on day one.
- See the complete itinerary here.
- Airfare not included. Plan to arrive at Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ) in Cusco.
Why We Love This
- Take your travel to intrepid heights with a once-in-a-lifetime trek along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- With seven days of travel, dedicate one to Cusco, the spiritual center of the Andes and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Then embark on a four day hiking and camping journey along the Inca Trail.
- Emerge from the trail on the 5th day to witness the legendary Machu Picchu at sunrise.
- From temperate valleys to cloud forest, experience a variety of Andean environments on your trip.
- It lay hidden for four centuries, but you'll get to see Machu Picchu at sunrise - breathtaking is an understatement.
Inca Trail, Peru
Fly into Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ), Cusco, Peru
7 days / 6 nights
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Hidden for over four centuries in the rugged terrain of the Andes, Machu Picchu is a required destination for any intrepid traveler. Rather than visit by bus with tourist hordes, step onto a truly off-the-beaten path - the one and only Inca Trail. This special experience from Valencia Travel Group is sure to appease anyone's appetite for exploration, beginning in luxury lodgings in Cusco, and finishing along the storied Trail with Machu Picchu as your final destination.
After a day exploring Cusco on a guided walking tour, start you trek on the Inca Trail (alternatively known as Piskacucho and kilometer 82). The first day of hiking is an easy warm up over flat terrain that offers views of an Inca fortress, the Urubamba mountain range, and the snow-capped peak of W'kay Willca. Stay overnight in four-man tents in the temperate green valley of Wayllabamba, then make for the highest pass on the trail. Along the way, experience a shift in environments as you enter the cloud forest, home to a wild variety of distinct flora and fauna. After a steep climb to Runkuraqay pass, arrive at the campsite to rest up before setting out for the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca (meaning "Town in the Clouds") where you'll gaze in amazement a vista flooded with soaring peaks, glacial-cut canyons, and colorful wildlife. Camp overnight at Winay Wayna, then it's an early start to reach Inti Punku ("Sun Gate") before sunrise, where you'll bask in the dramatic view of the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Cap off your hike with a visit to Machu Picchu itself, where you'll have plenty of time to explore on your own after a guided walking tour of this iconic destination, before returning back to Cusco for an evening's stay, before the return flight home.
It's a week of unparalleled exploration on a journey that takes you along a route created even before Columbus arrived in the new world. From hidden histories to breathtaking sites to incredible environments, this is Peru as few will ever see it: traveling by their own two feet.
Google Maps not available.
One voucher may be redeemed per person. Five voucher limit per individual; five additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Reservations required. Subject to availability. Tours not available during the month of May, 2013. Nights 1, 2, and 6 will be spent in hotels, nights 3, 4, and 5 will be tent camping on the trail.
Does not include visa fees, hotel tax, national taxes of approximately $11 USD, meals where not stated, gratuities. Guests will be responsible for applicable entrance fees, visa fees, taxes, and gratuity. Merchant cancellation policy applies: If you cancel within 20-30 days prior to the trip, you will receive a 40% of the total tour cost; if you cancel within 9-19 days prior to the trip, you will receive a 20% refund of the total tour cost; if you cancel with 8 days or less notice, you will not receive a refund. Prices are based on double occupancy. $300 single occupancy supplemental charge applies for single travelers. Airfare not included. Voucher expires January 14, 2014.
Included: Transfers from the airport to the hotel and vice versa All accommodations (three nights at 3-star hotels and three nights camping in tents) Three breakfasts, three lunches, three afternoon snacks & three dinners Free walking tour (guide gratuity recommended) Professional, bilingual tour guide Water (BYO the first morning, all water provided after) Dining tent with tables and chairs, camp cook Four-man tent for two people Foam sleeping mattress Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment Oxygen bottle First aid kit Vegetarian food available upon request at no extra charge.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience