- Nine days and eight nights on a guided culinary trip to Thailand for one person.
- Learn to make signature thai dishes with high quality private cooking instruction in a home-style setting.
- View the complete itinerary here.
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches, 2 dinners included.
- Stay at Maekok River Village Resort, a relaxing riverside resort with panoramic views and two swimming pools.
- Beautiful 4 star accommodations at the boutique Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel and at Starwood's 5 star Royal Orchid Sheraton.
- International airfare is not included. Airfare once in Thailand is included.
Why We Love This
- Sample the flavors of Thailand, then utilize them in the kitchen on this nine day culinary adventure.
- Settle into authentic Thai traditions by learning to cook gourmet family recipes passed down through generations.
- Discover the culture, sights, temples, and landscape. Explore by foot, boat, tuk-tuk, and even by elephant along the Ping River.
- Shop for fresh ingredients in the vibrant markets of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and in charming mountain villages.
- Roll up the sleeves in an open-air kitchen, filled with treasures from herb gardens, orchards, and rice paddies.
- The best part of each meal? Savoring your own delicious Thai-inspired kitchen creations.
- Wrap up each day in comfortable and luxurious 4 and 5 star accommodations.
Bangkok, Thailand Chiang Mai, Thailand Ban Tha Ton, Thailand
Fly into Bangkok International Airport (BKK)
Trip dates: May 24 - Jun 1, 2013 Jun 19 - Jun 27, 2013
9 days / 8 nights
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The cure for wanderlust - add one part Southeast Asia, a dash of culinary instruction, and heaping mound of adventure. The final result is a dish filled with wonder, awe, and experience at ground level. Gain a true taste for Thai culture, cuisine, (and even for riding an elephant) during nine incredible days on this unique culinary adventure. Arriving in Bangkok to a 5 star hotel perched on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, spend the first evening exploring this thriving metropolis.
The next day the adventure begins with the sound of the chanting monks at Wat Po. In the land of gleaming temples and giant, golden Buddhas, greet the famous 45 meter Reclining Buddha, as well as the Emerald Buddha - the very symbol of the country. Wander through the flower markets, past stunning architecture, and the colorful mosaic of everyday Thai life. Go deeper into its nooks and crannies to discover Chinatown and feast on an exclusive dinner cooked by a renowned chef at a one-table unmarked restaurant. Shop the fresh markets and select the ingredients and spices that you'll cook up in classes held in open-air kitchens. At Chef Tam's family home and in cooking sessions to follow along the way, you'll learn the authentic recipes passed from generation to generation, and the kitchen techniques to bring out the essence of each meal.
Cultural exploration continues with a stop in Ban Tha Ton for a stay at a riverside resort in the Thai countryside. You'll also visit the infamous Golden Triangle, known for centuries as the center of the opium trade. From there, head south to Chiang Mai. After the elephants finish their morning bath, hop aboard for an hour long ride through the jungle along the Ping River. You'll reach that evening's accommodation, a beautiful 4 star boutique hotel, walking distance to the commercial center of Chiang Mai, its historical temples and the famous Night Bazaar. Continue on with culinary adventures with a class on crafting curry paste, spring rolls, and bananas in coconut milk on a local, organic farm. And on the final day of cooking lessons, expect Chef Yui to impart a gift to take back home - the skills to whip up a successful Thai-themed dinner party. The last afternoon is yours to relax, sightsee, or just hang out by the pool, however you choose to spend your remaining hours in Thailand. Bid a bittersweet farewell to a land that satisfied that wanderlust, that culinary curiosity, and that longstanding desire to travel by elephant through the jungles of Asia. A perfect farewell to the magic of Thailand.
Google Maps not available.
One experience redeemed per person, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires one year from the date of purchase. Reservations required, subject to availability. Guests are required to purchase trip cancellation insurance, medical insurance, and emergency medical evacuation insurance. For a complete list of travel information, requirements, health and safety, and recommendations on what to pack, please click here.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience