- Six day kayaking expedition in eastern Oregon for one person.
- Camp under the stars on the sandy banks of the Lower Owyhee River.
- Expedition-style trip = traveling light in a remote region of the US. They carry your gear.
- Feast on delicious meals prepared riverside, featuring local and organic produce.
- Highlights include hiking, trout fishing, & navigating low water rapids.
- 3:1 guest-to-guide ratio means plenty of personal attention.
- No kayaking experience needed; must be in good physical condition.
- All camping gear, kayaking equipment & meals provided.
- Transfers to and from the Boise Airport included.
Why We Love This
- On a true expedition by paddle, traverse eastern Oregon's remote wilderness for six days via the Lower Owyhee River.
- Travel downriver on an inflatable kayak, navigating low water rapids through the "Grand Canyon of Oregon."
- Warm summer nights on the sandy river banks allow for sleeping under a shimmering blanket of stars.
- Don't settle for the beaten path - blaze your own, whether on the river or on invigorating side hikes.
- Work up an appetite paddling, then chow down riverside for a fulfilling meal with a view.
- World-class trout fishing, playing in the Owyhee's warm water, & side hikes onshore offer apres-kayaking relaxation.
- Low water conditions mean you'll become adept at reading the river as you navigate its currents in your kayak.
- Experience the sensation of truly getting away from it all by exploring a river few ever get to witness.
Lower Owyhee River, Eastern OR
Meet your guide at the Boise Airport
Jun 10-15, 2013 Jun 10-15, 2014
6 days / 5 nights
Boise Airport (BOI) Airfare not included
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Heading to the beach for sun, sand, and summertime fun might be okay for some, but it's not everyone's dream getaway. If the idea of exploration in a remote wilderness sparks your vacation fire, may we introduce you to Momentum River Expeditions and their six day, five night kayaking excursion on the Lower Owyhee River. Journey downriver in an inflatable kayak, alternating between floating over calm portions and ripping through low water rapids for warm water thrills you can't get while sunbathing. And if you lack practice in paddling, no worries. The trip starts with a dry land session on basic river hydrology, how to read rapids, and the essential paddle skills that will have you navigating the water with ease.
Not all your time will be spent rollin' on the river. Head ashore for side hikes amid the stunning scenery found at iconic sites such as Pruitt's Castle, Chalk Basic, Jackson Creek, and Devil's Tower. With hot springs and hoodoos (tall skinny spires of rocks) all around, it's a rugged and magical locale that only the intrepid will ever see firsthand. And with plenty of opportunities for world-class trout fishing, birding, and more, this excursion makes the remote wilderness breathtakingly accessible. To cap it all off, meals are prepared on the river's banks, assembled by talented chefs from locale produce and products. The long evenings will be spent sleeping under the stars, bedding down in tents on massive sandy beaches as the river burbles beside you.
A truly unique chance to get off the beaten path and onto a river less traveled - let the river wild spark your ultimate vacation dream, and let ZOZI make it a reality.
Google Maps not available.
One experience may be redeemed for one person. Limit one voucher per customer, unlimited additional vouchers as gifts. Each voucher must be used by a different individual. Reservations required and subject to availability, blackout dates, and weather restrictions. Voucher may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Voucher not valid for the Farm to Fork or Shep Ranch trips. Voucher expires June 15, 2014.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience