- A one-hour private or 2-hour semi-private lesson.
- All equipment (wetsuit & surfboard) is included.
- Bring a towel, sunscreen, a bottle of water and good vibes.
- World-class instruction from a renowned local surfing guru.
- Available 7 days a week by reservation in Monterey Bay.
Why We Love This
- Find yourself in the curl during a private or semi-private surf lesson in Santa Cruz.
- Just you, your instructor, the waves and the board. Prepare to shred.
- Beginners learn basic stand-up techniques & surf smaller waves.
- Advanced riders focus on body awareness and wave judgement.
Making The Drop
Available 7 days a week. Surf lessons scheduled by reservation.
1 hour private or 2 hour semi-private lesson.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
With this experience from Making the Drop, paddle out for a one-hour private surf lesson (or a two-hour, semi-private lesson with a friend - you must both purchase offers) along a gentle stretch of the Santa Cruz coastline. If you're new to surfing, this lesson will get you comfortable with wave riding in no time. And for the more experienced, advance your skills, your form and your technique from an expert surf instructor while soaking in the vistas of this beautiful beachfront. See why surfing isn't just a sport, it's a way to create and maintain balance in all areas of your life. That's a win-win-win.
Google Maps not available.
One experience can be purchased per person, multiple may be purchased as gifts. Expires six months from the date of purchase. Reservations required one week in advance, subject to availability. Valid for a one hour private lesson (1 person) or a 2-hour semi-private lesson (2 persons max). Must be at least 8 years or older to attend. Each person must have purchased an experience for the semi-private lesson.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience