- Entry for one to the Echelon Gran Fondo cycling course.
- Choose your distance: 18K, 81K, or 121K.
- Wind through rolling countryside & epic climbs past vineyards and estates.
- A clearly marked course with no inadvertent detours.
- Post-ride festival includes live music, food, wine, & beer.
- Receive an official commemorative wine glass.
- Non-traditional bikes (e.g,. tandems & recumbents) are welcome.
- BYO water bottle - this ecological event eschews plastic cups.
Why We Love This
- Prepare for a world-class race in your own backyard. The Echelon Gran Fondo, an unparalleled contest through Sonoma's Wine Country.
- Mini riders tackle a flat course, while Gran and Medio riders will have to overcome more challenging elevation gains.
- The post-ride fiesta includes meals specifically created to replenish ravenous short & long distance riders.
- Get tantalized for the event with turn-by-turn details: See the course map here.
Starting line: Town Square Sonoma, CA
Race day is May 18, beginning at 8am
Full day event
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Italian cycling phenomenon is coming to Sonoma, the epicenter of American riding. Meaning "long distance" or "great endurance," the Echelon Gran Fondo leads riders over rolling vineyard-covered hills, past pristine coastlines, and through towering redwoods. On a closed course, soak in every cyclists dream route in the most perfect of locales. Riders can choose the distance that suits their stamina: the Mini Fondo 18K (that's 11.1 miles), the 81K (50 miles) Medio Fondo, or the Gran Fondo at 121K (75.1 miles).
Mini riders tackle a flat course, while Medio and Gran riders can expect a warm-up incline at mile 15, and real challenges beginning at the mile 22 marker, where a gain of 1,100 feet in seven miles challenges the strength and stamina of all participants. Regardless of the distance each racer rides, the post-event fiesta offers up the perfect motivation to sprint across the finish line. With custom meals waiting, short course riders will love a selection of simple and complex carbs, while longer course riders receive a heartier, protein-packed meal. Don't worry - there's plenty of vino to come. Hoist a celebratory cheers with complimentary glasses of the Sonoma varietals while enjoying the live music. With a full day of serpentine roads, vineyard-lined vistas, and incredible vino, you're guaranteed the joy of riding in a world-class Fondo in your own backyard.
Google Maps not available.
One voucher may be redeemed for one person. Limit one voucher per customer, three additional vouchers as gifts. Each voucher must be used by a different individual. For tandem bikers, each cyclist will need to register separately. Online registration required no later than May 1, 2013, subject to availability and weather restrictions. Must be 12 years of age or older. All participants must sign a waiver. Voucher expires May 18, 2013; online registration required by May 1, 2013.
The ZOZI Promise
- TRUSTED SOURCE You are our #1 priority. Millions of people trust ZOZI to help them discover local experiences, getaways, and the gear they need to get out there.
- TOTALLY GUARANTEED 100% of your money back if you don’t love your experience